Reprinted by permission
Just days after filing legal action against North Carolina for the recently enacted bathroom safety and privacy law, House Bill 2, the Obama Administration is attempting to force its “All In” bathroom policy on EVERY STATE in the nation. A joint press statement issued by the U.S. Departments of Justice and Education today seeks to provide “guidance” to all public schools, colleges and universities across the U.S. In the statement and related documents, the Obama Administration seeks full implementation of its radical and unlawful attempt to redefine the word “sex” in federal laws and regulations to include “sexual orientation” and “gender identity.”
The document verifies that “gender identity” is entirely subjective when it states that the Departments of Justice and Education, “interpret Title IX to require that when a student or the student’s parent or guardian, as appropriate, notifies the school administration that the student will assert a gender identity that differs from previous representations or records, the school will begin treating the student consistent with the student’s gender identity. Under Title IX, there is no medical diagnosis or treatment requirement that students must meet as a prerequisite to being treated consistent with their gender identity.”
The document also states that public schools, colleges and universities must permit:
- Males to use female bathrooms, locker rooms, and showers, and vice versa. According to the document, “A school may provide separate facilities on the basis of sex, but must allow transgender students access to such facilities consistent with their gender identity. A school may not require transgender students to use facilities inconsistent with their gender identity or to use individual-user facilities when other students are not required to do so.”
- Males to play on female athletic teams, and vice versa. According to the document, “Title IX regulations permit a school to operate or sponsor sex-segregated athletics teams when selection for such teams is based upon competitive skill or when the activity involved is a contact sport. A school may not, however, adopt or adhere to requirements that rely on overly broad generalizations or stereotypes about the differences between transgender students and other students of the same sex (i.e., the same gender identity) or others’ discomfort with transgender students.”
- Males to share dormitories and other housing facilities with females, and vice versa: According to the document, “Title IX allows a school to provide separate housing on the basis of sex. But a school must allow transgender students to access housing consistent with their gender identity and may not require transgender students to stay in single-occupancy accommodations or to disclose personal information when not required of other students.”
Although the U.S. Justice Department has said that it will not withhold education tax dollars from North Carolina while litigation over House Bill 2 is taking place, the clear language of these documents is that the Administration intends to use the “power of the purse” to force states and individual schools, colleges and universities to comply with these radical policies: “As a condition of receiving Federal funds, a school agrees that it will not exclude, separate, deny benefits to, or otherwise treat differently on the basis of sex any person in its educational programs or activities unless expressly authorized to do so under Title IX or its implementing regulations. The Departments treat a student’s gender identity as the student’s sex for purposes of Title IX and its implementing regulations. This means that a school must not treat a transgender student differently from the way it treats other students of the same gender identity.”
Again, these “guidance documents” assert the policies of the U.S. Departments of Justice and Education on THE ENTIRE COUNTRY. Apparently this unconstitutional overreach by the Obama Administration to redefine the word “sex” is the legacy this president wants to leave behind. The outcome of the five lawsuits currently pending in federal courts in North Carolina will likely determine whether or not this is a lasting legacy on our nation.
TAKE ACTION: Please use the following links to:
- To call Governor Pat McCrory to thank him for standing up against the radical overreach of the Obama Administration; and
- To contact your members of the North Carolina General Assembly to urge them to stand firm in defense of House Bill 2 to and to stand up against the radical overreach of the Obama Administration.